Friday, February 8, 2013

MORE BREAKING SPORTS

If you weren't impressed before by our sports editor, be impressed now.
It was just a tiny text message he sent me on my cell phone.
"Chester beat Byrnes in the 7on7 passing camp. Get it on the Web."
The story now at OnlineChester.com is fleshed out a bit more than that -- there's a link to our sports headlines to the right if you want to check it out.
No, the impressive part of the e-mail was the rest of the message, combined with the time.
"Thanks 4 coming. Shoulda hung around for the drunken dancing."
It was sent at 1:13 a.m. Sunday.
Travis got married Saturday. He told me he wasn't taking his cell phone on his honeymoon. I assume that he got to a hotel somewhere for the Saturday night, saw it, thought of his readers, and sent it on. I hope he left the phone with someone else so that further updates will have to wait until he gets back.
Just in case, I sent him a text message back, saying I'm marginally sorry I left before the drunken dancing. But while I hadn't heard about that sequel, I'm not a big fan of Patrick Swayze movies anyway.
I didn't even want to make a joke with him when I got to talk to him for five seconds at the reception about doing some work next week.
But he's thinking about his readers, and I'm impressed, again.

No comments: